The streets of El Reno could see some improvements if contractors submit proposals that are acceptable to the city council and if the budget can handle the expenditures.
Council looked over a road improvement wish list at the regular November meeting. The list included more than two dozen projects scattered around town.
City staff is working to see if the estimates of what the work would cost are in line with funds available.
Whether some or all of the projects are undertaken will depend on bids submitted by contractors once the projects are advertised.
Assistant City Manager Matt Sandidge said if funds are available, the projects could be advertised with bids expected to be submitted within 20 days after.
The proposed projects include “chip and seal” for portions of the following streets:
• West Memorial Road
• North Country Club
• North Alfadale Road
• West Elm Street
• East Elm Street
• OKC 10th from 81 to Choctaw
• OKC 10th from 81 to one-half mile east
• Choctaw from OKC 10th to Reno
• Jensen Road (Alfadale-Radio Road)
Portions of the following roads are to be milled, stabilized and overlaid:
• Britton Road (Alfadale-Radio)
• Foreman (Alfadale-Radio)
• Choctaw (I-40-Jensen)
• 27th Street (Choctaw-66)
The following streets are scheduled for overlay:
• Country Club I-40 to Jensen
• Country Club Elm to Sunset
• Bickford Watts to Jenkins
• Cooney Rock Island to Evans
• Jenkins Rock Island to Evans
• Choctaw Watts to Jenkins
• Cavanaugh Mitchell to Shepard
• Miles 27th to 23rd
• Babcock Elm to Indian Trails
• Country Club Sunset to Foreman
• Hoff Woodson to Penn
• Macomb Rogers to Foreman
• Riley Shepard to Foreman
• Riley Foreman to Foster
• Foster Riley to Foreman